info-mtools

Re: make install failed (fwd)

From: Moritz Barsnick
Subject: Re: make install failed (fwd)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:52:43 +0200

Hi there,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 17:29:13 -0400, David C Niemi wrote:

> I'm trying to set up mtools-3.9.8 on Solaris8 x86. I didn't have problems
> with configure and make but make install failed with:
[...]
> install:  ./mread.1 does not exist
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-man'

Without checking the package, I think I can say that this is an FAQ and
a frequent error. It should've been corrected with a release of a new
version, but at least, there's a patch available on the mtools website:

http://mtools.linux.lu/
http://mtools.linux.lu/mtools-3.9.8-20020203.diff.gz

The use of this patch is strongly recommended!

(Hi Alain, what about a new bugfix version?  :->)

Best greetings,
Moritz