info-member

[FSF] Announcing the Free Software Jobs Page

From: Deborah Nicholson
Subject: [FSF] Announcing the Free Software Jobs Page
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:44:37 -0400

Hi,
The FSF wants to help you live the dream and that's why we've launched a
brand new free software jobs page at http://www.fsf.org/resources/jobs.
You and other free software hackers now have a new place to look for
jobs; a place that only lists jobs directly related to free software.

It's a handy service for potential employees, but it's also a very
specialized resource for employers. They get the attention of hackers,
sysadmins and developers who've been working on free software for years
-- people like yourself, who care about free software and are
well-connected to the community.

Starting in May, ads will be available for $250 for a thirty-day run.
But for the month of April, it's free (as in beer) to list your ad.

If your workplace has a job opening in free software, have HR send the
listing along to address@hidden and we'll list it for thirty days.
When we do start charging, the funds we recieve for job ads will support
promotion and protection of free software. It's a win-win situation for
employers because they're essentially "re-investing" their ad budget to
support the same community that makes their business possible.

Please help us get the word out about this new opportunity -- tell your
HR department about it and your friends who are currently "between
gigs." When you get a new job through the free software page, be sure to
let your employer know where you saw it!

Thanks!
Deborah Nicholson
Directory Maintainer
http://www.fsf.org/resources/jobs