info-member

Help in Washington, DC needed

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Help in Washington, DC needed
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:26:57 -0400

Dear Members,

I apologize for the short notice, but we need help from anybody in the
DC area is, will be, or would be willing to attentd the Public
Knowledge 6th anniversary celebration on October 11th, and take part
in a friendly and simple action.

We are looking for an individual who would be willing to pass out 50
copies of http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.html, so as to
politely point out that the use of the term "Intellectual Property" is
a weakness and that it is confusing. Please be sure that you do not
condemn Public Knowledge -- they are by no means an enemy to the free
software world. We hope that whomever attends and helps us in this
action will find the rest of the evening a pleasant experience. The
information about the event is below:

  October 11, 2007 * 6:00-8:00 pm Sewall-Belmont House 144
  Constitution Avenue, NE Washington, DC

  Live music by: Sharon Clark with the Chris Grasso Trio
  $35 Admission * Cocktails and Clam Bake

  RSVP by calling (202) 518-0020 or emailing address@hidden
  Tickets can be purchased at:
  http://www.publicknowledge.org/2007-ip3-awards

If you would be willing to help us out on this action, please email me
at address@hidden as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Joshua Gay
Campaigns Manager