info-gnus-english

Re: Correct ordering of items in mail threads

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Correct ordering of items in mail threads
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 20:38:36 +0200

Pankaj writes:

> Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

>> Pankaj writes:

>>> In the above snapshot, items are still ordered incorrectly.

>> Just to make sure: you are expecting the article in the last row to be
>> shown in the 4th row?

> No. I want the indentation to be proper. It cannot be child of a later
> message.

This illustrates nicely that only stating that something is incorrect,
without saying what you expect, is insufficient :-)

> As we can see this is not possible.

I cannot see this without examining the headers, maybe you can :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

(I wanted to point you at Eric S Fraga's suggestion when I stumbled
over the "adopted"-thing, but I could find it at the time - luckily he
has suggested looking at gnus-sort-gathered-threads-function again -
setting that does what you want, right?!)

--
 "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment... bestow        Adam Sjøgren
  upon me thy discordant images at such speed as to    asjo@koldfront.dk