info-gnus-english

Re: gnus-summary-followup-with-original not working (nnheader-parse-nake

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-followup-with-original not working (nnheader-parse-naked-head)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 08:28:10 -0700

Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using this command for ages, but yesterday I did upgrade my
> system, and now it has stopped working. I wonder if anybody has seen
> this error and/or has some advice on fixing it.
>
> When using the command gnus-summary-followup-with-original, I now get a
> reply buffer without the original mail text, and a message in the
> minibuffer that reads:
>
> ,----
> | save-restriction: Symbol’s function definition is void:
> nnheader-parse-naked-head
> `----
>
> My Emacs and Gnus versions are:
>
>  + GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) of 2022-04-27
>  + Gnus v5.13

That's kind of looking like an out-of-date third party package, though
it's hard to be sure. You mention upgrading your system, and Emacs was a
part of that system upgrade, right? (Meaning, you're not running Emacs
from its development repository?)

Try running M-x toggle-debug-on-error and triggering that error again --
that should show us what is calling `nnheader-parse-naked-head'.