info-gnus-english

Re: nnimap gmail "A T" and "^" not working

From: Andrew Cohen
Subject: Re: nnimap gmail "A T" and "^" not working
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:00:28 +0800

Hi All:

gmail's imap implementation is non-standard and the standard
thread-referral search doesn't seem to work properly (I never noticed
this before since most of email activity is not in gmail). Although it
will take a little time I don't think it will be very hard to get it
working. As Eric said, we can special-case gmail in gnus-search and just
have to understand the details of how gmail searching works (I think I
have already worked this out but have to do some more testing).

So to the original poster jibstyle209: it's not you (and it's not gnus) it's
gmail. But we should be able to work around it.

--
Andrew Cohen
Director, HKUST Jockey Club Institute for Advanced Study