info-gnus-english

Re: nnimap gmail "A T" and "^" not working

From: JibStyle
Subject: Re: nnimap gmail "A T" and "^" not working
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 12:49:41 -0700

Byung-Hee HWANG <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> writes:

> I don't know "A T". By the way sometimes i use "^". However i use "^" at
> Group buffer. Then it show me server list.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was actually referring to commands
`gnus-summary-refer-thread' and `gnus-summary-refer-parent-article' in
the Gnus summary buffer (default keybindings "A T" and "^",
repectively). I think they are for gathering thread messages that may be
older than the range displayed by the summary buffer, or from another
group.

> Gmane is the best threading, i think. Or you just make Gmail's label by
> mailing list. Another thought.

I agree Gmane threading works well. For that, I am using the nntp Gnus
backend. However, my problem is with personal email fetched from Gmail
via the nnimap Gnus backend.

Thank you for your help.