info-gnus-english

Re: Update topic unread counts on group exit?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Update topic unread counts on group exit?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 23:16:57 +0200

Eric writes:

> In fact, gnus-topic.el already thinks it's doing what you want --
> updating topic lines on group exit -- but because of the bug in
> `gnus-topic-update-topic', the update never happens.

Oooh, cool, I didn't remember that it used to work ;-)

> Lars added that major-mode check as part of a larger commit last year, I
> have to assume it was a mistake. I'll remove the checks now.

Nice piece of debugging!

However, I think you broke something? When I try to q out of a group I
now get:

    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p t)
      gnus-topic-find-groups("feedwork" 5 nil t)
      gnus-topic-update-topic-line("feedwork")

gnus-topic-update-topics-containing-group("nntp+fb:feedbase.blog.inspiredpython")
      gnus-group-update-group("nntp+fb:feedbase.blog.inspiredpython" nil t)
      gnus-summary-update-info()
      gnus-summary-exit()
      funcall-interactively(gnus-summary-exit)
      command-execute(gnus-summary-exit)

(when toggle-debug-on-error is on, and I have removed my hook).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The world is short of delimiters," says Don.              Adam Sjøgren
                                                       asjo@koldfront.dk