info-gnus-english

Re: Update topic unread counts on group exit?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Update topic unread counts on group exit?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 20:23:46 +0200

Adam writes:

> Eric writes:
>
>> It looks to me like you could add a function to
>> `gnus-summary-exit-hook', which calls
>> `gnus-topic-update-topics-containing-group' on the value of
>> `gnus-newsgroup-name'. At that stage in summary exit,
>> `gnus-newsgroup-name' won't have been cleared yet, so it should still
>> hold the name of the group you're coming out of.

[...]

> I will see if I can get your suggestion going after dinner :-)

This is what I did:

    (defun asjo-update-topics ()
      (gnus-topic-update-topics-containing-group gnus-newsgroup-name))

    (add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'asjo-update-topics)

But simpler than my hack - but nothing is updated.

When I edebug-defun it, I can see that gnus-newsgroup-name is indeed the
full newsgroup name, e.g. "nntp+gm:gmane.emacs.gnus.user", but the topic
counts aren't updated.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The code is more what you'd call 'guidelines',            Adam Sjøgren
  than actual rules."                                  asjo@koldfront.dk