Re: [igraph] What is minimum version of R that supports igraph?

From: Bob Harris
Subject: Re: [igraph] What is minimum version of R that supports igraph?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 14:48:48 -0400

Actually it appears to have had nothing to do with the version of R.  It was
the *other* warning message that pointed to the real problem:
> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> https://mirrors.nics.utk.edu/cran/src/contrib:
> unsupported URL scheme

Googling for that led me to
  https://gist.github.com/granek/319eb877b427a8fb85a8db61529f7415
where it shows that I need options(download.file.method = "wget") before my
call to install.packages.

At least, doing that appears to have installed igraph.  Whether there are other
problems -- who knows.