[igraph] suggestion for multiscale community detection R package with sh

From: mina ostovari
Subject: [igraph] suggestion for multiscale community detection R package with shorter run time?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 11:37:28 -0400

Dear All

Does any of you know about a package in R that can be used for multiscal community detection? I know about the resolution package
https://github.com/analyxcompany/resolution

which is based on "Laplacian Dynamics and Multiscale Modular Structure in Networks"
https://arxiv.org/pdf/0812.1770.pdf
 and very slow to run.

My graph is weighted and undirected. I have already used the common packages in the igraph (Walktrap, Louvain, Fastgreedy). The communities that I got based on those were either too small or too large. (The graph that these methods were applied on is connected with 2978 nodes and 72549 edges)

I found this paper https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1707/1707.02362.pdf
that introduced a fast hierarchical community detection (HUMUHI) but could not find any R package for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Mina