[igraph] Graph-level weighted degree, betweeeness, closeness?

From: Adrien A
Subject: [igraph] Graph-level weighted degree, betweeeness, closeness?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:58:28 +0000

Dear all,

I have a question on how to calculate graph-level degree, betweenness, and closeness scores for a weighted and directed network. I believe that I can get the  node-level distribution of weighted degree, betweenness, and closeness scores using, respectively, the graph.strength(), betweeness(), and closeness() commands, and that for the latter two commands the weight edge attribute will be automatically detected (as set out in the help pages, e.g. here http://127.0.0.1:13728/library/igraph/html/closeness.html).

However, is the weight edge attribute of the graph automatically detected when calculating the graph-level versions of these three metrics? For example, if I use the "centr_betw()" command, will the output automatically incorporate and reflect the node-level weights? I don't see a "Weight" argument listed on the help page (here: http://127.0.0.1:13728/library/igraph/html/centr_betw.html), hence my question.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help, and more generally for creating and maintainingthis incredibly useful package.

Best regards