Re: [igraph] motifs

From: Manuel Zetina-Rejon
Subject: Re: [igraph] motifs
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 02:58:58 -0600

Hi Tamas!

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, it makes sense to me on the use of connected subgraphs as motifs, in the sense that an isolated vertex doesn’t play a important role in the subgraph structure.

On the other hand, motifs() returns a vector with the number of occurences of each motif in the graph ordered by their isomorphism class. How do I know which isomorphism class are present in my graph. I mean, a possible result of motifs(graph, size =3) could be something like this:
> NA NA 32 18

For me, this means that there are 32 motifs of x-isomorphic class and other 18 motifs of y-isomorphic class. But, which classes? I’ve playing with something like this to explore how all possible isomorphic classes (n = 3) look like:

iso <- vector(mode = "list", length = 3)
iso.class <- 1:length(iso)

for(i in 1:length(iso)){
  iso[[i]] <- graph_from_isomorphism_class(3, i, directed = FALSE)
iso[[i]]$name <- paste("Class", iso.class[i])
}

par(mfrow = c(1,3))
for(i in 1:length(iso)){
plot(iso[[i]], layout = layout_in_circle(iso[[i]]),  main = iso[[i]]$name)
}

But How do I know which of them are present in the original graph?

Thank you very much!

Manuel