[igraph] How to build any kind of lattice? (triangular, honeycomb...)

From: Marisel Di Pietro Martínez
Subject: [igraph] How to build any kind of lattice? (triangular, honeycomb...)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 15:28:40 -0300

A question from: http://stackoverflow.com/q/38572057/5556571?sem=2

I'm trying to build a lattice[1] using igraph C. In the manual
instructions[2] it says that igraph.lattice() can creat most kinds of
lattices and here[3] it explains how to use that function but it seems
like the only lattice I can create with that function is a square one,
like a square grid... But how do I create a triangular lattice or any
kind of lattice?

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ee/2d-bravai
s.svg/1024px-2d-bravais.svg.png