[igraph] Doubts with community multilevel Python algorithm

From: Kuu
Subject: [igraph] Doubts with community multilevel Python algorithm
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:31:18 +0200

Hello,

I have a graph that has disconnected components and I want to find communities over it. I'm applying directly the community multilevel algorithm, but I'm obtaining communities that aren't connected, which from my point of view, those shouldn't be considered as a valid community.

Should I run the algorithm only over connected components?? By reading the original paper I understand that only two communities are merged if they're connected, but maybe I'm not understanding it correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Javier