Re: [igraph] Building universal python-igraph on OSX 10.11

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Building universal python-igraph on OSX 10.11
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:53:35 +0200

>>> I’m using brew because pip does not install the C core…
>> It should try to install the C core if it does not find the C core
>> already [...]
> As far as I could check (find on various standard library locations for «
> *igraph*dylib* », there wasn’t an older version around.
In that case, please send me the full output of "pip install
python-igraph" - maybe I can figure out what went wrong and where.

> I forgot to tell, I already had homebrewed gcc. But « gcc —version » still
> gives me the Xcode symlink to clang… I’ll try setting explicitely CC or
> whatever home-brew uses.

I have installed gcc using "brew install gcc" and it seems like it's
available in /usr/local/bin/gcc-5. However, /usr/local/bin/gcc does
not exist and /usr/bin/gcc is symlinked to clang, so typing "gcc"
effectively ends up with using clang instead.

You can try creating symlinks to gcc-5 and related binaries in
/usr/local/bin; alternatively, you could try setting HOMEBREW_CC and
HOMEBREW_CXX to point to /usr/local/bin/gcc-5 and
/usr/local/bin/g++-5.