[igraph] Building universal python-igraph on OSX 10.11

From: Jérôme Laheurte
Subject: [igraph] Building universal python-igraph on OSX 10.11
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 13:38:06 +0200

Hello. I tried to build a universal version of python-igraph on OS X El
Capitan; it seems that building the C core triggers a clang bug:

brew install —universal igraph
[snip]
ld: section __DATA/__thread_bss extends beyond end of file, file
'.libs/libigraph_la-bignum.o' for architecture x86_64

I’m using brew because pip does not install the C core… It looks like building
with gcc instead of clang should make it work; unfortunately the —use-gcc
option does not seem to have any effect (it still uses clang). Does anybody
have a hint ?

Note: building the 64 bits only version works, but I need the 32 bits version
as well because my application depends on wxPython 2.8, which is based on
Carbon, for which there is no 64 bits support.

Best regards
Jérôme Laheurte