[igraph] Statistical significance?

From: Manuel J . Zetina-Rejón
Subject: [igraph] Statistical significance?
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 18:16:16 -0600

Hi everyone

Graph theory is not my expertise area. I’m ecologist working with food webs
(networks). I’m usually test hypothesis using non-parametric statistical tests.
During the lat year I start using random network models to try to figure out if
any result igraph is meaningful, for example, when determining centrality
indexes or when identifying communities,  I run Erdos-Reyni with same number of
vertices and edges to test if my result is not due to chance. I also use
degree.sequence.game( ) similarly.

In your opinion guys, do you think this is enough for testing statistical
significance?

Thank you,

Manuel

Ps. Probably this is a widely question or not in the appropriate email list,
sorry. But if there any suggestion of additional tests, I expect to run with
igraph