Re: [igraph] problem with igraph_maximum_bipartite_matching

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] problem with igraph_maximum_bipartite_matching
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:23:27 +0100

Hi,

On 02/16, Mohammad R Karimi wrote:
> I used in one of my program. when i set these weights , it worked correctly:
> [...]
> but when i added the following weights , it couldn't match any vertexes:
> [...]
> I can't understand what the problem is. I'm sure we can find a matching set
> with that weights.
Please read the documentation of igraph_is_maximal_matching:

"Checks whether a matching in a graph is maximal.

A matching is maximal if and only if there exists no unmatched vertex in a
graph such that one of its neighbors is also unmatched."

Clearly, igraph_is_maximal_matching() does not consider weights at all, so it
only checks whether the matching *could* be extended further if all the weights
were equal. (In your case, this would mean that all 25 edges have weight 1).

So, the function is not checking what you expect it to check.