[igraph] IGraphR: Using igraph from Mathematica

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: [igraph] IGraphR: Using igraph from Mathematica
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:38:38 -0500

Hello igraph users,

I would like to bring your attention to a small Mathematica package I
wrote that makes it possible to use igraph from within Mathematica.

https://github.com/szhorvat/IGraphR
http://szhorvat.net/pelican/using-igraph-from-mathematica.html

igraph already has interfaces for C, R & Python, and this package adds
one more.  It actually communicates with R/igraph through
Mathematica's RLink.  Mathematica also has a built-in graph datatype
and many graph processing functions.  This package will auto-translate
between Mathematica and igraph graphs.  I find that igraph's and
Mathematica's functionality complement each other nicely.

Usage is simple:  just wrap any R/igraph function with IGraph[...] and
use it as if it were a Mathematica function.

For example, let's make a random graph with the same degree sequence
as Zachary's karate club network:

g = address@hidden@address@hidden"NetworkGraph",
"ZacharyKarateClub"}];

igraph can do this too, but Mathematica uses a different and exact
algorithm.  igraph's is much faster but only approximate.

Now let's find it's edge and vertex betweenness using igraph:

IGraph["edge.betweenness"][g]
IGraph["betweenness"][g]

We can also generate a graph using igraph and return it to Mathematica:

IGraph["barabasi.game"][20]

The package supports directed and undirected graphs, multigraphs, and
arbitrary vertex names.

I have posted about this package a year or so ago but at that time it
was much less complete and had some bugs.  If you have the old
version, please upgrade: https://github.com/szhorvat/IGraphR

Szabolcs