Re: [igraph] Igraph install on a Surface Pro

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Igraph install on a Surface Pro
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 21:23:54 +0100

Hello,

> I am having trouble installing iGraph. I used the easy install and matched
> the version of iGraph with the version of Python that I'm running (2.7.8.10)
> on my Microsoft Surface Pro but I am getting the Import Error: No module
> named igraph. Do you know how I can resolve this?
What do you mean when you say that you used the "easy install"? Did you run
"easy_install python-igraph" from the command line, or did you download the MSI
installer for the correct Python version and ran that? Could it have happened
that you have multiple Python installations on your machine and igraph was
installed in a different one than the one in which you are trying to import
igraph?

Also, make sure that there is no subdirectory named "igraph" in the current
working directory when you run the Python interpreter -- otherwise Python would
try to import the igraph module from the subdirectory named "igraph".