Re: [igraph] Suggestion?

From: Herb Roseman
Subject: Re: [igraph] Suggestion?
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 13:42:59 +0000

Source and destinations coinciding is not necessarily an error.  There are lots of graphs that have this feature (See Trudeau)  In the real world they can be used to represent self-referential events.  Lots of stuff that goes on in the world is self-referential.

But I get your point.  It may be best for your user set (mostly in the social sciences?) to have this be an error.  I am using your program in more of a logical/mathematical setting where source/destination coinciding is not only possible but likely.

Very best.