Re: [igraph] Problem installation

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem installation
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 22:20:51 +0100

Hello,

This is an ongoing issue without a definite resolution yet; here's the
corresponding bug report on Github:

https://github.com/igraph/igraph/issues/598

The important part is this comment:

https://github.com/igraph/igraph/issues/598#issuecomment-58337488

This gives you a patched setup.py, which does *not* solve your problem yet, but
takes you almost all the way there. The key point is that the patched setup.py
allows one to exclude certain libraries from being linked statically when
igraph is compiled. Look for the following line:

buildcfg.replace_static_libraries(exclusions=["m"])

and replace it with something like this:

buildcfg.replace_static_libraries(exclusions=["m", "xml2"])

Then remove any "build" directories that the previous build attempts may have
created, and then try to run "python setup.py install --user" again. Hopefully
it does the trick.

All the best,
T.