Re: [igraph] igraph as a graph database

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph as a graph database
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:54:39 -0400

I agree that this would be great, I mean the node/edge properties and
also a query language. I would definitely love that! It is probably
"too much" for igraph, though, so if we ever implement these, it would
not be igraph any more. :)

Actually the way attributes are implemented in igraph, it would not be
too hard to add "attribute handlers" (in R and/or Python), that have
local attributes instead of global ones. But this will probably not
happen soon, or maybe ever.

Gabor