[igraph] as_clustering() error

From: xiao wu
Subject: [igraph] as_clustering() error
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 21:57:44 -0400

I am new to igraph and use python igraph 0.6.5 in ubuntu python 2.7.

I have my own pajek file I loaded into python, and ran community detection algorithm and got the following dendrogram

>>> print(dendrogram)
Dendrogram, 1335 elements, 314 merges

But when I tried to run as_clusting, I got the following error:

>>> clusters = dendrogram.as_clustering()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/igraph/clustering.py", line 959, in as_clustering
    num_elts - n)
igraph._igraph.InternalError: Error at community.c:767: `steps' to big or `merges' matrix too short, Invalid value

How do I debug from here? My pajek file's Vertices are not continuous. Would that create a problem?

Thanks,

Xiao