Re: [igraph] Analysing big graphs

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Analysing big graphs
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 21:55:44 +0200

Hello,

I haven't had any problems with running the algorithm on a random Erdos-Renyi
graph with 100K vertices and 500K edges. I also tried it with a geometric
random graph of roughly the same size (100K vertice,s 600K edges) and that one
worked as well. Also, I only have 4 GB of RAM and the RAM usage did not climb
higher than a couple of hundreds of megabytes so this should definitely be
possible.

One possibility that I can think of right now is that you are running a 32-bit
OS or a 32-bit version of Python on a 64-bit OS so Python cannot utilize the
entire 6 GB of memory you have due to its limited address space. But even that
couldn't be the cause of the problem because in my case the memory usage stayed
pretty low.

Cheers,
T.