[igraph] Trouble building igraph

From: Jeff Alstott
Subject: [igraph] Trouble building igraph
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 18:33:17 +0800

Installing python-igraph with pip install python-igraph yields a lot of effort and then the following error at the end:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libm.a(s_atan.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

/usr/lib64/libm.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I haven't seen this library referenced before in the mailing list, and I'm not savvy on these things. Any advice?

Thanks!