Re: [igraph] Namespaces and GraphML

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Namespaces and GraphML
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:09:03 +0200

Hi there,

It looks like we were being sloppy when we implemented the GraphML parser and
simply assumed that GraphML tags are in the default namespace. We cannot offer
you an easy fix right now -- I'm working on the issue, but this will probably
get into igraph 0.7.2 only. You can follow our progress on the issue here:

https://github.com/igraph/igraph/issues/685

If you are willing to recompile igraph from scratch, you will probably be able
to cherry-pick the patch (which I will post on the issue page above) and merge
into your copy of igraph. Alternatively, you can probably use Python's
ElementTree module to load the GraphML file, move every GraphML-related tag to
the default namespace, write it out again, and then load it using igraph. This
would probably be safer than manipulating the XML file via awk/sed. Also,
command-line XML manipulation tools such as XMLStarlet might provide you with
an easier way to move GraphML-related stuff to the default namespace, but I'm
not familiar with those.

Thanks for the bug report!