Re: [igraph] Installation error

From: David Gelvez Alvarez
Subject: Re: [igraph] Installation error
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 05:58:38 -0500

Hi All,

Thank you for your prompt answer. I tried the easy install, but here is what I get. Thanks again for your help!

David

*********** Log starts here

grep: /usr/lib/libiconv.la: No such file or directory
sed: /usr/lib/libiconv.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libiconv.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [libigraph.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Could not download and compile the C core of igraph.

WARNING: we were not able to detect where igraph is installed on
your machine (if it is installed at all). We will use the fallback
library and include pathss hardcoded in setup.py and hope that the
C core of igraph is installed there.

If the compilation fails and you are sure that igraph is installed
on your machine, adjust the following two variables in setup.py
accordingly and try again:

- LIBIGRAPH_FALLBACK_INCLUDE_DIRS
- LIBIGRAPH_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_DIRS

Build type: dynamic extension
Include path: /usr/include/igraph /usr/local/include/igraph
Library path:
Linked dynamic libraries: igraph
Linked static libraries:
Extra compiler options:
Extra linker options:
In file included from src/arpackobject.c:23:
src/arpackobject.h:27:10: fatal error: 'igraph_arpack.h' file not found
#include <igraph_arpack.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 5:20 AM, Tamás Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Actually, I was a bit lazy as I haven’t released the 0.7 version of the Python interface
> yet even though the core C library is already at version 0.7. Let me release the 0.7 version
> first (I’ll do it today)
Okay, it turned out to be faster than expected; the source code of the Python interface for the 0.7 version is now uploaded to the Python Package Index. I tried “easy_install python-igraph” in a clean virtual environment on a machine where the C core was not installed and everything went fine, so please try “easy_install python-igraph” again and let me know if it does not work with Anaconda Python.

All the best,