Re: [igraph] Installation error

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Installation error
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:09:12 +0100

Hello,

As Gabor has confirmed it, the DMG won’t work because it installs igraph for
the system Python (that comes built-in with Mac OS X) and not Anaconda Python.
You have to compile the Python module yourself. easy_installing python-igraph
does not work yet because you have not downloaded and installed the C core of
igraph, and the Python interface depends on the C core.

Actually, I was a bit lazy as I haven’t released the 0.7 version of the Python
interface yet even though the core C library is already at version 0.7. Let me
release the 0.7 version first (I’ll do it today) and then you can retry with
easy_install because the installer of the 0.7 version should now be smart
enough to download and compile the corresponding C library as well if you have
not installed it already.

All the best,