[igraph] Hierarchical community detection for large, dense, directed, we

From: santiago gil
Subject: [igraph] Hierarchical community detection for large, dense, directed, weighted graphs
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:18:13 -0400

Hello all,

Probably discussed many times, but searching hasn't helped me much.

Does anybody have any tips on how to calculate any kind of hierarchical community structure on a large, dense, directed, weighted graph in a computationally sensible fashion? The graph in question is 4000 nodes and 300,000 links and getting bigger, and edge.betweenness takes a lot more than I can wait for.

Cheers,

Santiago