Re: [igraph] reading edgelist with weight

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] reading edgelist with weight
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:51:55 -0500

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Ross KK Leung <address@hidden> wrote:
Since the data contain patient information so I have spent a day to dig
out the problem. It turns out that some of my rows contain character "; "
and after removing the problematic record, igraph works perfectly and I
really appreciate your and Gabor's help on creating this marvelous package!

Just for the record, ";" is fine if it is part of the vertex names (unlikely scenario, though), or stands right after the edge weights. I.e.

a; b; 3;
c; d; 5
f a;  4

is fine. The problem is if you have more than three columns in the file, that file is not valid, even if the extra column only has a semicolon (or anything else). So this is bad:

a; b; 3;
c; d; 5 ;
f a;  4