Re: [igraph] plot: edges cross vertexes

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] plot: edges cross vertexes
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 16:30:42 +0200

Hi Sam,

The primary purpose of supporting curved edges is to ensure that multiple edges
between the same node pairs are all visible. igraph does not try to set the
curvature of edges to avoid other nodes (and I guess it would be quite
complicated anyway if you take into account that nodes may have different
shapes). However, you may supply a vector of numbers to edge.curved instead of
a single boolean and control the curvature of each edge individually.
edge.curved=TRUE is equivalent to specifying a curvature of 0.5 for every edge,
so a good starting point would be to construct a vector consisting of 0.5 only
and then modifying the curvature of individual edges that cause problems. You
can use get.edge.ids to find the indices of specific edges in your graph in
order to figure out which element of the curvature vector should be adjusted.