Re: [igraph] help with fruchterman reingold output

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] help with fruchterman reingold output
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:12:44 -0400

Hi Paul,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Paul Smith
<address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> The first thing I know I need is to retrieve the two column matrix generated
> by the fruchterman reingold algorithm. If I’m putting my data through the
> fruchterman reingold layout formatting how do I retrieve this list without
> having to plot the data?

Here is my example again:

g <- graph.ring(10)
E(g)$weight <- c(1,2)
coords <- layout.fruchterman.reingold(g, weights=E(g)$weight)

The coordinates are in 'coords'. layout.fruchterman.reingold() does
_not_ plot the data, it just calculates the coordinates. The plot()
function does the plotting. If you don't want to plot your graph,
don't call the plot() function.