Re: [igraph] Choosing between different methods of detecting communities

From: 凌琛
Subject: Re: [igraph] Choosing between different methods of detecting communities
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:24:44 +0800

Hi Gabor,

Sorry, I went to sleep last night.

I attached the codes and results here.

> G = read.graph("D:/text mining project/term lists/40 core term list/GraphML/50w_lift.graphml",  "graphml")
> ec <- edge.betweenness.community(G, E(G)$weight, FALSE)
> ec
Graph community structure calculated with the edge betweenness algorithm
Number of communities (best split): 15
Modularity (best split): 0.02788969
Membership vector:
 [1]  1  2  3  4  5  2  2  2  6  7  2  8  2  2  2  2  2  2  2  9  2  2  2  2  2  2  2 10 11  2 12  2 13  2  2 14  2  2 15  2
> ec <- edge.betweenness.community(G, NULL, FALSE)
> ec
Graph community structure calculated with the edge betweenness algorithm
Number of communities (best split): 1
Modularity (best split): 0
Membership vector:
 [1] 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Did I do something wrong here? The source data is in the attachment. Thanks.

Best Regards,
chen

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
If you get just one community, then you are surely doing something
wrong (or there is a bug in igraph).

edge.betweenness.community is working fine for our test cases, so
you'll need to show us a reproducible example that does not work the
way you expect it to.

Gabor

Gabor Csardi <address@hidden>     MTA KFKI RMKI