Re: [igraph] Choosing between different methods of detecting communities

From: 凌琛
Subject: Re: [igraph] Choosing between different methods of detecting communities
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:34:28 +0800

yes, maximun the modularity.

Actually when the result is only one community, the modularity is 0.

SNAP is a small library developed by Stanford. You can take a look when you have time. Igraph is much more complete, thanks for the development and sharing.

Regards,
chen

On Oct 3, 2012 11:14 PM, "Tamás Nepusz" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I know that the algorithm is not deterministic. In my case, the graph only have tens of nodes, while the results are very different.
> In igraph, the unweighted version results in only one community; in SNAP, there are quite a few communities.

How does SNAP select the number of communities for the edge betweenness method? This is not specified in the original algorithm; igraph just cuts the community dendrogram at the point where the modularity is maximal. Is it the same for SNAP?

Cheers,