[igraph] Weighted adjacency matrix based on common nominal attributes

From: Alexander Semenov
Subject: [igraph] Weighted adjacency matrix based on common nominal attributes
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 02:10:32 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm still a newbie to R and igraph, but not to Google (I hope), where I couldn't find the answer for my question.

I have n persons (n = 43), each of which has a list of friends. I need to create a weigted adjacency matrix n X n, where the weights represent the amount of common friends of each person.

Suppose I create 43 vectors (or lists ?) in R, what should I do next? I understand, that I should compare each list with one another, but that's all I can understand up to now.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Alex.

P.S. Sorry for cross-post, as I've asked the same question in statnet listserv.