[igraph] Creating new graph from existing graph with only top 10 percent

From: Alex Upton
Subject: [igraph] Creating new graph from existing graph with only top 10 percent of edges
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 18:12:34 +0100

Hi all,

I have a query that hopefully will be easy to resolve. I have a weighted graph,
g1, that has various edge weights. What I would like to do is create another
graph, let's call it g2, that contains only the top 10 percent of the edges in
g1, i.e. the 10 percent of edges in g1 with the highest weight. How would I go
about doing this? Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

Alex Upton, BEng, MRes, PG Cert Business Administration
PhD Researcher Biomedical Informatics, Signals and Systems
School of Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering,
College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Birmingham
Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, United Kingdom

Fax: +44 121 4144291 (school general office)
Email: address@hidden

Personal Web: http://postgrad.eee.bham.ac.uk/uptona/