Re: [igraph] Shortest circuit (distance to self)

From: Moses Boudourides
Subject: Re: [igraph] Shortest circuit (distance to self)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:24:17 +0300

Doesn't the existence of a closed tour mean that your graph should be
Eulerian? If so, then Euler's theorem says that this is equivalent to
that each vertex has even degree and the set of edges is partitioned
in cycles. If I remember well this has been solved computationally in
the 80s by the work of Robert Tarjan, Attalah and Vishkin, essentially
by applying the computation of Euler tours on trees in order to find
Euler tours of general Eulerian graphs.

--Moses