[igraph] Using power law distribution to generate a scale-free graph

From: shahab
Subject: [igraph] Using power law distribution to generate a scale-free graph
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 14:02:02 +0200

Hi ,

My question is about generating a scale-free network (fat power law on
degrees). I know that there are are some generation functions to do
so.
But I have  problem which requires different treatment:
I have finite set of none connected directed edges. Juts consider an
edge-list like :
G=
n1,n2
n3,n4
n5,n6
where the nodes are usually different, hence the resulting graph is
quite disconnected.
I have a probability  power-law  distribution function  to unify
(joint) some of the nodes.
Lets say using this function I find that n1 is unified by n3 , and n2
with n5,.... and so on... So I will have something like this
G'=
n1,n2
n2,n4
n5,n2
Now knowing that I exploited a power distribution function to unify
some nodes, can I imply that  G'  is a scale-free graph and exposes a
power law distribution on node degrees?
Does anyone knows any related work in this light?

thanks,
/Shahab Mokarizadeh
PhD Student,
KTH University