Re: [igraph] Calculation of weighted betweenness centrality using igraph

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Calculation of weighted betweenness centrality using igraph in win 64-bit environment
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 12:21:45 -0400

Hi Alex,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Alex Upton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I am hoping that you can help me. I have created a weighted graph in igraph,
> and would like to calculate the weighted betweenness centrality of the nodes.
> I am using 64-bit R in Windows 7 64-bit, and have seen that there is a linux
> igraph package with this implemented, however I can't find a win 64-bit
> igraph package that allows this. Is there one available? Alternatively, I
> have seen that there is another package, tnet, that offers this
> functionality. Does anyone have any experience of converting igraph graphs to
> tnet graphs, how was this done, and also how accurate were the results?

weighted betweenness centrality calculation is implemented in the
not-yet released 0.6 igraph version. The source code of this is
available from launchpad.net or from
http://code.google.com/p/igraph/downloads/list

There is no windows package available, because I cannot (easily) make
automated windows package builds. (Btw. there is no Linux R package
available, either. Only a package with the source code.)

You can use the source package to build a windows package at
http://win-builder.r-project.org/
but then do not forget to replace my email address as the maintainer
of the package, otherwise the package, after built, will be sent for
me.

I have just built a windows package using the build service, you can
get it here:
http://win-builder.r-project.org/v69iOfJC0Gzu/