[igraph] two-mode to one-mode with event types/attributes

From: Andrew Papachristos
Subject: [igraph] two-mode to one-mode with event types/attributes
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:22:10 -0400

Greetings,

I have one (I hope) easy question, and one may not be as easy.

I have a large two-mode dataset (100,000s of cases) with multiple event types.  The data look something like so:

Person  Event Event.Type Event.Time
Andy 1 a T1
Bob 2 a T2
Cindy 3 b T3

I'm trying to accomplish two things:

1. Figure out the easiest way to do a two-mode to one-mode conversion. Essentially, I'm looking to create a person-by-person network.

2. See if there is a way, when converting, to keep an event attribute (such as event type or time).

Any direction is most welcome.

Best,
andrew

Andrew V. Papachristos
Robert Wood Johnson Health & Society Scholar ~ Harvard University
Assistant Professor (on leave) ~ UMass, Amherst - Dept. of Sociology
(413) 545 - 0443