Re: [igraph] Complex node attributes for subgraph isomorphism via vf2

From: Nicholas Dahm
Subject: Re: [igraph] Complex node attributes for subgraph isomorphism via vf2
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 00:21:23 +1000

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for the recommendations, I will start work asap. Just to clarify, the
igraph_subisomorphic_function_vf2 function will now look like:

int igraph_subisomorphic_function_vf2(const igraph_t *graph1,
                                      const igraph_t *graph2,
                                      const igraph_vector_int_t *vertex_color1,
                                      const igraph_vector_int_t *vertex_color2,
                                      const igraph_vector_int_t *edge_color1,
                                      const igraph_vector_int_t *edge_color2,
                                      igraph_vector_t *map12,
                                      igraph_vector_t *map21,
                                      igraph_isohandler_t *function,
                                      igraph_isocomp_t *node_compat_fn,
                                      igraph_isocomp_t *edge_compat_fn,
                                      void *arg) {

For this function, the only difference in the args is the two compat functions.
For functions that do not have the void *arg, I will add this also.

And the compatibility function will be almost exactly what you suggested.
typedef igraph_bool_t igraph_isocomp_t(const igraph_t*, const igraph_t*,
igraph_integer_t, igraph_integer_t, void*);
The only difference is passing through both graphs, as the second int relates
to this.

> Anyway, if you are happy to work on this, check out the latest code from our
> Bazaar repo and start hacking. I'll be happy to provide guidance should you
> get stuck. The "standard" way of doing this would be to
> 1) create an account on Launchpad (http://launchpad.net)
> 2) optionally create a blueprint where you describe roughly what you would
> like to implement and how (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/igraph/+addspec).
> I don't know whether you can add a blueprint to a project you are not a
> member of yet, but it's worth a try.
> 3) register a new branch of the codebase where you will work
> (https://code.launchpad.net/igraph/+addbranch) and link it to the blueprint
> if you have one.
> 4) check out your branch using Bazaar and start hacking.
> 5) once you are done, push the changes back to Launchpad and propose it for
> merging.
Done, done, done, done, and in progress. Thanks for the help getting into it!

Also sorry if I seem to be "spamming" the message boards with my numerous
replies. I'm new to mailing lists too ;)

cheers

Nick