Re: [igraph] clustering coefficient in weighted or directional graphs

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] clustering coefficient in weighted or directional graphs
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:54:51 -0500

Hi Tom,

Barrat's version is included in the 0.6 development tree. You can
download a source R package, (or a Python and C package if you don't
use R) from here:
http://code.google.com/p/igraph/downloads/list

Be careful with the R package, this 0.6 version is not compatible with
code for 0.5.x, because it counts vertex and edge ids from 1 and not
from zero.

Newman's version should not be difficult to implement, especially not
in R. You query the successors of ego and store them. Then you query
the successors of each successor of ego and check whether these
"double successors" of ego are also first "successors". This is pretty
much it.

For the weighted version you need to make sure that the normalization
is appropriate.

I hope this helps,
G.