Re: [igraph] unable to propose a merge in launchpad (lists thousands of

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] unable to propose a merge in launchpad (lists thousands of changes !)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:28:54 +0200

Hi Sam,

You have to *branch* one of the branches of igraph you wish to propose a merge for; if you want to add your changes to the 0.5 branch, branch our 0.5-main branch first and add your modifications to it. The problem with your approach is that Launchpad has no way of identifying that the files in your repo correspond exactly to our files in our own repo; branching one of our branches makes this connection between them and then Launchpad will know what to do.