Re: [igraph] failure compiling igraph in C under Windows

From: Francois Bastardie
Subject: Re: [igraph] failure compiling igraph in C under Windows
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:34:21 +0100

Hello,

In config.log I can read these lines below. Would this mean that the problem comes from the gcc compiler?

It is annoying because I am using the latest version of MSYS+MinGW we can find on the sourceforge web site...

Have you experienced this yourself?

Thank you

Francois

configure: failed program was:

| /* confdefs.h */

| #define PACKAGE_NAME "igraph"

| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "igraph"

| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.5.4"

| #define PACKAGE_STRING "igraph 0.5.4"

| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "address@hidden"

| #define PACKAGE_URL ""

| #define PACKAGE "igraph"

| #define VERSION "0.5.4"

| /* end confdefs.h.  */

| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>

Gábor Csárdi

Re: [igraph] failure compiling igraph in C under Windows

Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:46:20 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Francois Bastardie <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,

> By any chance, someone would have experienced the same like me?

> I am using MinGW + MSYS (Windows) but the compilation fails. It seems

> the configure script is not guessing properly my settings.

This is very strange, PACKAGE_VERSION is simply defined in config.h.

Can you check your config.h file?

I'll take a look, but need to install MSYS + MinGW first.

> Also I don't

> know to what extend this error is linked with the libxml2 library. It is

> written in the online doc that we need it to run the graphml format...so

> I installed libxml2\bin in my $PATH but it does not seems it is enough

> because I got back:

You need the header files as well. Check the config.log file to see

what happens with the libxml2 check.