Re: [igraph] Re: shared library error

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Re: shared library error
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:50:59 +0100

Dear Sergiu,

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is definitely a good step towards the solution; it seems
like your system does not look for shared libraries in /usr/local/lib by
default, and that's where you put the igraph libs. You can force your
system to look for libs there either by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I'd do
it in the shell profile if I were you so that it is enforced every time
you log in), or by adding /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf.

As for the segmentation fault, we need more information to sort that
out; at least we have to know which function the program crashes in.
First, try to compile your program using the -g switch to add the debug
symbols to the executable, then run it under gdb (the GNU debugger) and
list the backtrace (using the "bt" command) when it crashes. The
backtrace is invaluable to determine whether the crash happens somewhere
in igraph or not. (And if it does, we would also need the source code of
your program, or even better, a self-contained example that reproduces
the crash).