Re: [igraph] Graphml nodal attributes

From: Vincent Labatut
Subject: Re: [igraph] Graphml nodal attributes
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 11:06:31 +0200

hello tamas,

i'm using the R interface, and the attributes are of various types (real, string, integer, boolean).
in the graphml file, igraph seems to preserve the data types...
except the boolean attributes don't appear at all, which i didn't notice before you mentioned types.
i've just converted them to integer before exporting the network, and now it works fine

thanks for your quick and helpful answer,
vincent

Hello,

No, there isn't any limit on the number of attributes you can put there but
there is a limit on the *types* of those attributes. It depends on what
interface you are using. In Python, numeric and string attributes are kept and
every other data type is implicitly converted to a string. R might behave
differently, but you should be able to store numbers and strings for sure.