Re: [igraph] Create a planar graph

From: Johannes Signer
Subject: Re: [igraph] Create a planar graph
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:17:05 +0500

Hello Tamas,

yes that is what I was looking for. Thanks for your hint, I will be working from there.

Regards
Johannes

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Johannes,

> I have been looking for a way to create a planar graph from a full graph.
What do you mean by "creating a planar graph from a full graph"? Do you mean that given a graph layout, you would like to remove edges from a full graph s.t. the resulting graph becomes planar? If this is the case, then one possible solution is to calculate the Delaunay triangulation of the layout; the "geometry" package in R provides a function called "delaunayn" which might be good starting point.