Re: [igraph] Clustering coefficient vs. transitivity

From: Jonathan F. Donges
Subject: Re: [igraph] Clustering coefficient vs. transitivity
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:36:09 +0200

Gabors and Tamas,

Thanks for the information. Due to the potential for
misinterpretation, I would strongly suggest that you include more
explicit warnings, maybe even references to the literature (Newman,
Boccaletti) in the DOCSTRINGS of both transitivity_undirected and
transitivity_avglocal_undirected. The clustering coefficient
(Watts-Strogatz or "true" transitivity) is among the most frequently
used measures of network theory and most researchers (most of which
have not been in the field before due to its exponential growth)
probably know it nowadays as "clustering coefficient" from the newer
literature.

Best wishes,
Jonathan